DPR review Jan to Aug 2011
- Explore new e-Learning Technologies; especially related to accessibility
- Deliver workshops on Moodle to Coventry University staff
- Develop and deliver my expertise on accessibility
- Link the above to Moodle activities
- Attend networking activities related to the list
See the following review that I have put onto a Mahara page in Foliospaces:
Other achievements 2011
- Invited to be a Senior Visiting Fellow Windsor, Canada - 10 weeks from July
- E-Learning and accessibility basics for Pg Certers
- Show and tell at WM RSC 10 Feb - Moving to Moodle - Staff Development
- SoftChalk Seminar for Masters Students and for tutors 2 Mar, 4 Mar
- OER Cafe Project
- CYPPCC (Palliative Care) Project
- Leonardo TOI - e-Talia Project first meetings completed successfully Dec 2010; I created a Moodle Course web for sharing resources
Oct - Dec 2010
Moodle Student guide… challenge completed: single sheet of A3, plus A4 variant for printing
Saved thousands of pounds - over £6000:
• This year we have had 14,700 Moodle Guides printed costing £1,617
• Last year we had 13,000 guides printed costing £7,994.80
Essential Module/course information: created videos and guides about how to add them to Moodle. Uploaded them to Curve and linked to them from Moodle help:
Updated the web site that introduces new colleagues to CUOnline
Updated corresponding pages in CUOnline help
Groups in Moodle: created videos about the organisation of groups. Uploaded the videos to youtube, added captions and linked to them from Moodle help:
Added quicklinks to Moodle help:
Created a request form for groups of tutors to ask for bespoke Moodle workshops:
Updated the Disability leaflets to comply with the new Equality Law, in time for the Learning Support Co-ordinators’ Meeting:
Teaching Disabled Students series
Inclusive e-Learning leaflet
Continuing to update my accessibility site to reflect the change in Law
Prepared a lecture on accessibility for Masters’ Degree students:
Do you see what I mean?
Creating a video on how to add captions to youtube videos
Had a preliminary meeting.
Investigated uploading audio only to youtube
Will be preparing for a visit by people from the other countries involved in the project.
Continuing to investigate free applications in e-learning.
Investigated Mahara for potential. Used the Mahara e-portfolio demo web.
Created a list of tips on using SoftChalk and briefed members of the Flying Squad
Submitted workshops via Learning and Development
Prepared a podcast for the Creativity Day for the Palliative Care project